In the first weeks of the pandemic Armstrong Flooring Australia received an urgent call.
It was 3.30pm on a Friday and with the COVID-19 virus spreading rapidly in the community, the call was to urgently provide flooring for a pop-up COVID-19 testing clinic at EACH, a community health centre in Ringwood, Victoria.
The flooring needed to be installed the following Tuesday.
Robert McLorinan, General Manager, Armstrong Flooring Australia, said: “Our team worked over the weekend to ensure the flooring material was delivered first thing Monday and installed immediately. The clinic opened ahead of schedule.”
Mr McLorian said Armstrong Flooring Australia has the experience, technology and capability to be of assistance to governments and medical facilities around the nation as they continue to grapple with the COVID-19 crisis.
Whether existing medical facilities need to be upgraded to meet modern hygiene standards or new facilities created, Armstrong Flooring has what is needed to ensure that surfaces in medical facilities meet the highest standards of hygiene and microbe control.
As Victoria and Australia’s only manufacturer of vinyl flooring, we have delivered custom-made products tailored for hospitals, health care and medical-research facilities across Australia and the globe for over 50 years.
COVID-19 hospital and clinic projects
Armstrong Flooring Australia has helped several hospitals across Australia prepare for treating patients with COVID-19.
- A pop-up COVID-19 testing clinic at EACH, Ringwood, Victoria
- A COVID-19 testing facility at Wonthaggi Hospital, Victoria
- A COVID-19 treatment centre at Calvary Hospital, Canberra
- A COVID-19 treatment centre at the Women’s and Children’s Hospital, Adelaide
- Isolation PODS for clinics in Hobart, Launceston and Devenport, Tasmania
- Clinical areas, testing clinic, wards, QEII – Sir Charles Gardiner Hospital, WA
- Clinical areas, testing clinic, wards x 2, Armadale Hospital, WA
- COVID-19 testing, clinical areas, Bunbury Hospital, WA
- COVID-19 testing, clinical areas, Busselton Hospital, WA
- COVID-19 testing, clinical areas, Midland Hospital, WA
- COVID-19 testing, clinical areas, Fremantle Hospital, WA
- Mental health area in preparation for isolation and testing, Bentley Hospital, WA
Armstrong Flooring products are used extensively throughout clinical environments, including floors and walls of:
- Medical examination and consulting rooms
- Hospital and healthcare facilities
- Intensive and coronary care units
- Operating theatres
- Wet areas
Unlike offshore manufacturers, Armstrong Flooring Australia can produce flooring solutions to meet client needs in smaller batches, and with short lead times – cutting waste and saving resources, Mr McLorian said.
While maintaining and practicing an extremely high standard of health and safety protocols, Armstrong Flooring Australia’s manufacturing facility in Braeside, Victoria, and its distribution centre teams are working hard to meet growing demands in the health care sector.